Jandris CMU’s - An Inherently Sustainable Building Material
Structures built with Jandris Concrete Masonry Units have a series of inherently sustainable attributes. In addition to these attributes, Jandris Sustainablock Series contains recycled SCM’s and recycled aggregates.
DURABILITY = COST EFFICIENCY
The longevity and low-maintenance of Jandris concrete masonry products is unmatchable.
- Resistant to rotting and warping, requiring less replacement and maintenance.
- Non-combustible, and will remain structurally sound in the unfortunate event of fire.
- Vermin and insect resistant.
- Impervious to damages from UV Light.
- Because CMU’s can be used as an interior and/or exterior finish material, paints and coatings are not needed.
70% of our aggregates are drawn within 10 miles of the plant.
Most of the remaining 30% of raw materials are drawn from within 200 miles of the plant.
Concrete Masonry helps to reduce mold growth by not providing a food source.
The manufacturing of Jandris CMU’s produces no toxic by-products, pollutants or hazardous waste.
Due to the high acoustical performance of CMU’s, their use can help with noise control and eliminate the need for additional soundproofing.
High Thermal Mass = Energy Efficiency
Due to high thermal mass, the use of CMU’s can reduce heating and cooling loads, helping to minimize HVAC systems.